Meeting friends in Mexico City. What countries/cities should I visit (solo) before meeting them?
February 12, 2019
My friends and I are meeting up in Mexico City from 3/12 – 3/17. I don’t want to do such a short vacation, seeing as I’m taking time off from work. I’d like to extend my vacation time with 1 week or more of solo travel. I’d like you guys to help me choose a great destination that will be a good “counterpoint” / complement to Mexico City. Should I go somewhere else in Mexico? Should I go to Chile? Is that too far? Is somewhere else better? Please help.
Some additional bits about me:
– I live in San Francisco, 28 year old male.
– I’m open to anywhere in Central or South America.
– I’ll likely be partying hard with my friends when I’m there, so I’d like a place that is a little more chill, without being solitary.
– My favorite trips ever have been to places like Croatia, Argentina, Thailand (Chiang Mai, not Bangkok), New Zealand, and Prague.
– I have never traveled in Central/South America but I speak OK Spanish.
– I’m an experienced solo traveler.
– I fully expect to visit Central/South America multiple times in the future, so this isn’t my only chance to see things.