after some lifechanging event I have decided to do a lifechanging adventure.
I just booked a flight for almost 8 weeks travel to India. I had a few questions I hope you could answer.
(Though one of my parents was an Indian I do not know much about India, so I apologize before hand.)
I had travelled to india almost two decades ago, so my plan couldnt be perfect. So, please critique my rough-itinerary.
8th Feb: Landing at Delhi Airport.
8,9 Relax at Lodhi Hotel.
10,11,12 Delhi City + TajMahal(Agra).
13 – 18 Kanpur (visiting my prof. friend an institute in K’Pur + The Great Varanassi !!! ).
18 – 25 Kolkata + Gaya + Flight to Mumbai.
25 – 4 Mahrasshtra + Goa
5 – 14 Humpi + Mysore + Bengalore (K’Taka)
15 – 21 Kerala ( + mum’s native city – cochin)
22 – 25 to Chennai + Flight back home.
Can you critique my plan?
1. I am a solo male traveller, would Is there something I should be aware of? – There is a stigma against solo male travellers, I have heard.
2. is $5000 sufficient for a wholesome stay?
3. I know its the election year out there, am I supposed to be aware of any possible mishaps during the time?
4. There was a flood in south India a few months ago, how is the infrastructure now?
5. Is some broken Hindi sufficient for getting around?
6. This questions is kinda touchy, I am not sure if I could ask it here. Anyways. I sound American but I look like a south Indian. In my past experience I have faced more rascism in North India (north indians are fair) than in the US (taxiwallahs grin and welcomed my white friends and told me that they thought I was a tourguide – Three occasions atleast).
7. In hyderabad, during my last visit, a guy told me “I looked like a madrasi but doesnt sound like one, so where am I REALLY from?”
8. Are drones allowed in public?
Thats it for now, I guess, any other general advices are also welcome.
PS: I have read the travel wiki of r/india subreddit, the questions above were not solved by the wiki.